The ability to communicate clearly inspires respect, while listening skills increase sharply the esteem.
Active listening: "hear" what really tells the sender!
- Look sender.
- Watch the body language.
- Smile and send positive nonverbal signals on points of agreement.
- Occasionally think what the sender has previously said.
- Allow sender to express himself and follow him, without thinking about what you will respond later.
- Do not interrupt, and allow the other to complete his thought.
- Do questions and operate constructively.